|Angel | Devil|
|Also known as:||Lady Amira (by Kaisar)|
|Age:||5 (in Genesis)|
15 (in Virgin Soul)
|Relatives:||Nicole (progenitor) |
|Anime Debut:||Episode 1|
Amira (アーミラ, Āmira) is a half-demon/half-angel who seeks to go to Helheim in order to meet her mother. She is accused for stealing the God Key and is being hunted by humans, gods and demons alike. She made a contract with Favaro, who now escorts her towards Helheim. She was created by the demon Belzebuth in the image of her mother, Nicole, who was an angel.
She was sacrificed for Bahamut by Belzebuth.
Amira is a very tall young woman with pale skin, long, flowing, pink hair tied in two ponytails in the back. She wears a long, tan shirt with a maroon and red vest hovering it, with a white shirt beneath both of them and a black vest above it. She wears white and beige shorts, held up with a black belt, and two long, thick, brown boots on her feet, both that have one black patch running across the top edge.
Her demon form has long wavy hair and two black horns on her head. She originally possessed a pair of black bat-like wings until one was cut off by Michael, rendering her unable to fly.
Amira acts in a very childish way and often cause a ruckus. She also has a great craving for food as she is shown judging many creatures she encounters based on their level of deliciousness.
Because of the amulet given to her by her progenitor, Belzebuth, Amira has an unwavering desire to obtain the God Key in order to reunite with her mother. Even after the gods warned her that traveling to Helheim would pose a danger to the world, Amira desired nothing more than to see her mother again.
Amira's relationship with Favaro has taught her the value of friendship and she is willing to protect him in times of need. She is not above killing others to achieve this goal and she will go as far as to defy the gods themselves if they stand in her way.
Amira is first seen after crashing naked on a bandits cart near Wytearp town. She comments that her compass is broken and can't get to Helheim. Later on in Wytearp she overhears Favaro boasting about knowing a shortcut to Helheim. Just as she requests his help, the bandit Ghos arrives to avenge his brother. Amira transforms into her demon form to aid Favaro in defeating Ghos' summon.
As an insurance measure, Amira places a spell on Favaro to give him the appearance of having a demon tail, causing many of the locals to fear and hunt him down. Favaro plots several times to kill Amira but fails. After a night out drinking, Amira reveals that she wants to go to Helheim to find her mother, who gave her the red pendant she wears. That same night she meets Kaisar (who is after Favaro) who falls for her. Later on it is shown that one of the knights in pursuit of Amira has a red pendant identical to hers.
After boarding a ship to Helheim in Ysmenport, Amira and Kaisar are abducted by demons. Under Azazel's watch Amira is tortured for information about the God Key. Azazel also reveals her "crime" to Kaisar, much to his horror. They manage to escape when Jeanne d'Arc's knights ambush Azazel's flying fortress, and Amira unleashes a force that knocks Azazel to the ground.
Amira is brought to the royal castle by the Orleans Knights, where the gods reveal her identity as a half-angel/half-demon. She is to be imprisoned in the castle and kept from harms way due to her possession of the God Key. While there, Amira is approached by Lavalley whom she assumes is her father, but Lavalley corrects her by revealing that he was a knight formerly in the service of her mother Nicole. Lavalley gives Amira a map that will lead Amira to the "true" location of Nicole. Amira then sets off to this new destination alongside Favaro, and is later joined by Kaisar.
Along their journey, the trio fall into an alternate dimension and encounter the Ancient Forest Dragon. The dragon informs Amira of the coming of Bahamut, how she is what will bring the terrifying monster back to life and her ultimate fate of becoming one with the dragon. The Ancient Forest Dragon suggests that, in order to prevent such a catastrophe, Amira should remain in this dimension with him for all eternity. Amira is deeply dismayed but is more concerned about her mother, fearing that if she does not find her mother her mother will die. The Ancient Forest Dragon says he won't force her to stay as it is her choice. Amira leaves through a portal he opens for her.
The trio finally arrive at their destination only to be greeted by the demons Belzebuth and Martinet. They reveal that Lavalley's map is false and they are actually in Helheim. Martinet then reveals Nicole encased in a crystal and tells Amira that all her childhood memories are false. He reveals the shocking truth that Nicole's essence was forcibly used by Belzebuth to create Amira, making Belzebuth her true parent. Martinet urges Amira to embrace her mother, who upon being freed from her prison, has begun emanating a powerful energy wave.
Amira is in tears but decides to follow Favaro's advice that mothers will always recognize their children. Despite the protests of her now imprisoned allies, Amira breaches Nicole's energy wave and hugs her. Nicole recovers from her wild screaming but seconds later Nicole begins to disintegrate into nothingness. A horrified Amira screams and the Demon Key is apparently summoned by her call. The Key merges with Amira, turning her into the Transcendence Key.
Belzebuth encases Amira in a large red orb and takes her to Abos so she can unleash Bahamut. The ship carrying her is briefly intercepted by Kaisar, Rita and Bacchus. The trio are unsuccessful in capturing her and Favaro, who was transformed into a demon, no longer cares about saving her. When Kaisar knocks Favaro unconscious next to Amira, Amira emerges from the orb with a pair of angel wings. She stares coldly down at Favaro right before beams of energy reach out to her from Bahamut and bring her to the dragon's body.
Many gods and demons witness Amira fusing with Bahamut, an event that marks the return of the dragon. Now returned, Bahamut begins firing numerous projectiles at everything. Fortunately, Favaro was cured of his demonhood by Kaisar and the two proceed to ride Hamsa towards Bahamut in hopes of defeating it. The pair land on Bahamut's body and Favaro dangles by a rope held by Kaisar as he tries to pierce Bahamut's chest using the latter's own talon, which Favaro obtained from the Ancient Forest Dragon.
Favaro is successful and Amira emerges from the wound he created. Amira is cheerful and happy to meet Favaro. The two share a kiss before Amira returns to Bahamut and the dragon promptly explodes.
Amira is revealed to still be trapped inside Bahamut even ten years later.
When Bahamut is brought back through the actions of Charioce XVII, Amira also returns. She greets Nina Drango, who assisted Charioce XVII in firing Dromos at Bahamut. Amira embraces Nina and whispers a message into the girl's ear before she disappears once more.
After Charioce XVII and Nina seemingly kill Bahamut, Nina wakes up to find that her toll for using Dromos is the loss of her voice. She goes to meet Favaro to pass on Amira's message by writing it on the ground.
Favaro, now certain Amira is alive and that Bahamut was not killed as many believe, decides to go on an adventure to try and retrieve Amira.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Enhanced Endurance: Being an angel-demon hybrid, Amira possesses great physical endurance, being able to survive literally falling from Heaven and crashing into a wagon without even a slightest scratch.
- Enhanced Strength: Being an angel-demon hybrid, Amira possesses great physical strength. She was able to smash through a half dozen planks on the rope bridge with but a nonchalant stomp of her left foot.
- Wings: Despite having only one wing left, Amira can still use it: it permits her to suspend, or at least slow down her falls for a short period of time, while carrying a person of Favaro's weight. By merely unfolding her wing, Amira can cause a moderately strong gust of wind. In her demonic form, the wing is constantly present, and in her human form, she can manifest it at will.
- Demonic Form: While normally posing as a mere human being, Amira can enter a physical state that reveals her true form: in her Demonic Form, Amira's hair gains in length and she grows a single pair of flat horns that curve three times in a zigzag pattern. Any apparel she wears will transform into what appears to be a sparse, light-colored armor. Most of her skin becomes albino pale, with the exception of her arms down from shoulders, and legs down her upper thighs, which darken into black. Her nails grow to the point where they resemble claws, and she grows a demonic tail roughly the length of her arm. Her eyes also change, gaining an additional light ring withing her irides, while her pupils narrow down into a narrow ellipsoids.
- Enhanced Agility: In this form, Amira's agility is increased to the point where she can cover great distances with but a leap.
- Further Enhanced Strength: In this form, Amira's already impressive physical strength is increased dramatically. She was able to completely stop a punch from a giant demon with her index finger without even twitching, and than subdue that demon by merely yanking her index finger. She was able to kick creatures several times her size great distances on several occasion.
- Angelic Powers: Although few, Amira possesses some angelic traits inherited from her mother.
- Hallowed Ground Immunity: She was able to step into Heaven, which is, according to Michael, impossible for any infernal being.
- Angelic Lore Knowledge: She was aware of an incantation necessary to obtain the God Key.
- Anti-Demonic Spell Immunity: Despite being only half angel, Amira possesses almost complete immunity to anti-demonic spells: a spell preformed by six men was so intense, it shocked her to the point her bones became visible through her flesh, but it did nothing more to her than to "tickle her".
- Imperceptibility: Amira's presence can't normally be discovered by gems inside a Bounty Hunter's Bracer.
- Favaro Leone: Amira met Favaro shortly after she stole the God Key and forced him to take her to Helheim. Favaro was initially frustrated and unwilling, but the two grew close enough that Favaro became determined to protect Amira from those who wished to interfere with her journey. Amira initially wanted nothing more than for Favaro to fulfill the task she had given him, going so far as to give him a false demon tail so he would have no choice. However, Amira's happy moments with Favaro proved to be a source of great joy and in their last meeting, the two shared a farewell kiss. Upon her brief return ten years later, Amira passed on a message to Favaro through Nina, showing her continuing love for him.
- Nicole: Amira's "mother". Amira was convinced that she needed to reunite with her long-lost mother and made it her goal to travel to Nicole's last known location: Helheim. This is why Amira stole the God Key, as she believed it would help her on her journey. Amira carried with her a pendant she believed was Nicole's parting gift, unaware that the pendant was inserting false memories and commands into her head. When Amira finally met Nicole, Amira still hoped that Nicole would acknowledge her because "that's the way mothers are."
- Amira is an Arabic word that means "princess".
- Possibly due to her celestial/infernal origin, Amira has a tremendous tolerance for alcohol, being capable of drinking several liters of red wine without getting drunk. However, she can get intoxicated with a sip, but the intoxication wears off very fast.
- Amira is the first hybrid introduced in the series. The second is El/Mugaro.